- AXMA Story Maker was updated to 5.2 version. The new feature are Twine-like functions: visited(), random() and either().
- A specialized StackExchange site for Twine has been proposed.
IFTF opened the Adoptable Technology Archive.
World of Darkness Preludes: Vampire and Mage is a collection of two games in a Lifeline style. It’s an official World of Darkness-licensed commercial IF.
UPD: Thaumistry's Kickstarter just changed the stretch goals. The next goals are now $35,000 for "Cyber-Feelies" and $40,000 for Android port.
- Chris Klimas talks about the new Twine 2.1 on FLOSS Weekly podcast
- Thaumistry: In Charm's Way Kickstarter is 100% funded ($25,000). The first stretch goal is $40,000 for Steam art and free Steam copy for all Tier 2+ backers and the second stretch goal is $50,000 for open-source Android HTML-TADS interpreter (and Thaumistry Android release, of course) - then $60,000 for iOS.
- IF Archive cleared the unprocessed list of submitted games and the community helped update the pending links.
- IF Archive is now keeping old versions of games
- Spring Thing 2017 is still open for intents to enter until March 9.
- My Secret Hideout (Andrew “Zarf” Plotkin) is now free and online.
- The Barbarian and the Subterranean Caves has launched on Steam.
New on itch.io
- ADVII - TerraCottaFrog
- Runthrough - daveproctor
- Look To See To Remember - jehmbo
- Antes o después - Santiago Eximeno
- Наливайя - Klockwerk-Kat
- Get Lost! - S. Woodson
- Crystal Orb Adventures - Marasmusine
- GDS220 - The Tale of Kaje and Mass - GDS220Perth
- GDS220_Travis Wood_Twine - Travis Wood
- GDS220 Text Adventure - Benjamin Lockwood
- Millika Village - Raius
- Well Shit - ninnons
- To buy or not to buy - Yaqoob Isaacs
- GDS220_K_Neal (Games yet?) - KLNDeveloper
- To Sleep Or To Game - LazyFridayStudio
- What for Lunch? - Zotair
- Evil time - Nunuvin
- Say the Right Thing - Mountain Empire Games
- Life is Short - Mountain Empire Games
- Failbetter Games opened premium KS backer stories in Sunless Sea for everyone
- Twine 2.1 is here! See the changelog.
- Chris Klimas will be on FLOSS Weekly podcast next Tuesday, talking about Twine.
- INSTEAD-JS 1.0 is out. You can convert any INSTEAD game to online, metaparser and sprites are supported (the full feature list is here). See it in action
- ad8e presented a new engine - Text Game Standard Engine Use C++ to make HTML IF!
- New commits in stead3, Ink and Non-Linear Book Builder repositories. Yay open source!
- KRIL (Russian IF Competition) is over now. The winners are:
- 1st place: "Once upon a time in Arkham", FireURQ, Violetta Khmeljova and Antonina Bajkova - 6000 rubles
- 2nd place - "Colonel Rzhevsky 1: The Ballroom", RTADS, Nikita Tseykovetz - 5000 rubles and TADS wristwatch
- 3rd place - "Punisher of the Sixth Station", RTADS, Anton Lastochkin - 1000 rubles and TADS wristwatch (a fan fic on "Creatures of Light and Darkness" by R. Zelazny)
- 4th place - "Khphitch island", UrqW, Yuri Pavlenko - a surprise prize from Ajenta
- 23rd place - "Gunmetal", YARIL, Sergey Molodtsov and Mikhail Rogozhin - 1500 rubles if the game would be improved so that Mikhail Balanov would deem it "at least not bad"
- Utopia Jam starts in 5 days. Here's the LFG thread.
I think we need the "New on Steam" section on these too.
I know there are no new releases now but won't hurt to check once in a while :-)
Also Spring Thing seeks donations:
Probably. There's nothing else to plot. (bu-u-ut I tried that feature and it's broken right now)