Discussing interactive fiction: reading, writing, playing, crafting, implementing.
- The Kickstarter for Thaumistry: In Charm's Way finished with $35,238. That means the game will have "cyber-feelies" but no mobile versions.
- The Kickstarter for Southern Monsters is finished, and mobile ports are in now. The total is $12,169.
- KS for Sunless Skies is still ongoing, and Failbetter released their Avatar Generator as a reward for the "social goals".
- The annual XYZZY Awards are coming up. It's time to fill IFDB with games from 2016.
- The Spring Thing is just around the corner. The deadline for intents is 9 March.
- Sub-q magazine still seeks submissions.
- SPAG is looking for authors, too
Engines and tools
- The Interactive Fiction Virtual Machines Suite (ifvms.js) got an update to version 1.1.0
- technix released an INSTEAD.js playground. The pre-defined game is in Russian and the playground doesn't save the code online but you can use it to play around with the engine without installing anything.
- oreolek made a similar playground for Salet
- Storealis is a new platform in closed beta, and you can play with it right on their front page. There's a limit of 500 characters on card's text and 30 characters for every choice option.
- Beached! (Prelude) by BrightSight company is a new prequel to the „Beached! (Part 1)” that also serves as a new teaser to „Beached! (part 2)”, which will be released later this year. It's an online escape room game on a homebrew parser.
- Star Heritage: The Black Cobra is waiting for your Steam Greenlight votes. The original game was a 1995 text adventure for ZX Spectrum, and this is a 2005 remake. See also an unofficial Game Boy Color port.
- Runt of the Litter is a new title from Choice of Games by Kelly Sandoval.
- “Titanfall 2 The 6-4: Demo”
- “Find the USBs”
- “The Murderer Episode 1”
- “Chasing Dreams”
- “Change Your Life”
- “Escape the Punishers: A Star Wars Tale”
- “TENGAinang Pag-ibig”
- “Airborne - Reborn”
- “Runt of the Litter” by Kelly Sandoval <blockquote>Steal and raise a baby war gryphon! Will you fight dragons together to save the empire, or defy the empire and lead your people to freedom? "Runt of the Litter" is a 150,000 word interactive fantasy novel by...</blockquote>
- “Wastes” by Nick Montfort <blockquote>A 256-byte production from The Trope Tank. Requires Python 3. Sorry for the unorthodox file extension, .py3 -- it is meant to emphasize that this will only work with Python 3.</blockquote>
- “The Roscovian Palladium” by Ryan Veeder <blockquote>Humans are constantly appropriating rat culture. King Roscoe thought to use this to his advantage.</blockquote>
- “Goosebumps-ish : Escape the House!” by snail <blockquote>A fun goosebumps-inspired interactive adventure for kids and adults who wish they were kids. This adventure sees you wake up in a sinister (haunted? Possibly...) house in the middle of nowhere, with nothing...</blockquote>
- “Horror at Innsport” by Karmic Shift Studios <blockquote>Horror at Innsport is an exploration adventure game inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, where players explore and investigate a large open world map, progressing though an engaging and exciting story....</blockquote>
- “Horror in the Darkness” by Karmic Shift Studios <blockquote>Horror in the Darkness is a short exploration and puzzle solving adventure game inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, where players explore and investigate, putting together clues and solve puzzles to...</blockquote>
- “Digital: A Love Story” by Christine Love <blockquote>A computer mystery/romance set five minutes into the future of 1988.</blockquote>
- “Perishable” by Nina Freeman <blockquote>You can feel your presets tingling-</blockquote>
- “Brooklyn Trash King” by Ben Esposito <blockquote>Social media, crowdfunding, and raccoons.</blockquote>
- “Nights in Boulder” by Zane Fulton <blockquote>Nights in Boulder is an interactive story-based game set in the years of 2010 & 2016. You're Matthew, desperately searching for your missing girlfriend after she never returned home from a night out with...</blockquote>
- «Take up the Crown RPG» by Noah Marshall <blockquote>It's your first day on the job. Your people are unhappy. Your neighbor is plotting against you. You're going to need either a lot of people or a lot of gold. How quickly can you unite the lands? Author's...</blockquote>
- «El Archipélago» by Depresiv <blockquote>Release 2 de 'El Archipielago', ganadora de varios Premios Hispanos 2004 Tus cansados ojos recorren la isla, esa isla a la que recientemente has transportado tu torre y a ti mismo, con la esperanza de pasar...</blockquote>
- “IN THE ARMS OF THE NIGHT: DEMO” <blockquote>A nocturnal romance - the first three chapters...</blockquote>
- “Seltani” <blockquote>Hypertext MMO</blockquote>
- “A Pirate's End” <blockquote>A retired pirate embarks on one last quest to recover a secret stash of treasure he hid long ago.</blockquote>
- “Criminal Tail (Demo)” by Cypher333 <blockquote>A text-based furry adventure game. Explore through the story of Venric the fox cop as he investigates an underground crime ring. Make choices within the story to make Venric do different actions and shape his personality.</blockquote>
- “The Maturity Test” by Jiyugami <blockquote>The slightest bit of immaturity might result in death.</blockquote>
- “YOUR ONLY VERB IS KILL” by DensetsuNoGomez <blockquote>YOVK is an experimental satire game about inter-generational spite, grammar interpretation, and, killing</blockquote>
- “News Abuse” by esarkis <blockquote>A fake news management game</blockquote>
- “Time Magic-User Vampire” by Christina Nordlander <blockquote>Parser game about a vampire trying to get revenge on a usurper</blockquote>
- “Adventurer” by Exodaïs <blockquote>(The game is in French) Un jeu textuel de science fiction</blockquote>
- “Wayfarer” by Cameron McHenry, Ratata and Nuthen <blockquote>Gather your allies and defeat the evil lich wizard. (2D top-down RPG)</blockquote>
- «Prison Text-Adventure (Demo Game)» by Low Orbit Games <blockquote>A simple text-adventure game made in Unity 5</blockquote>
- «Ninety Nine Bottles Of Beer» by Kevin Loring <blockquote>Send SMS text message pranks! 99 Bottles of Beer App for Android!</blockquote>
- «Worldsmith: Game of Worlds TOURNAMENT!» by Interactive Fables <blockquote>Strategic card game in the Worldsmith universe</blockquote>
That's it. Don't get sick! (and if you are already, get well.)
This post was written with the help of Bruno Dias and Verity Virtue